Sunday 20 September 2015

Finished week three!


It's done! I'm sitting here now drinking my peppermint tea and thinking about how quickly the past three weeks have gone, and how far I've come.

Now that the first three weeks of my journey on the Exante diet have been completed, tomorrow I will be tackling food week. As I've mentioned in a previous post, food week is mandatory every fourth week on Exante to give your body a bit of a break from the diet and helps to avoid developing health problems that are common with VLCD's such as gallstones. 

On food week you have a couple of options for what you can chose to do. If you would like to avoid food completely through fear of falling off the wagon, you can add in a minimum of 200 calories of milk per day along with having the usual three packs. This could mean that you use milk in your tea/coffee or in your shakes. Alternatively you can 'treat' yourself to some actual real food! (Yeah I know right.. amazing!) Which needs to be very low carb to ensure you stay in ketosis. I have taken some inspiration from the ketosis recipes on the Exante website and will be having the following meals:

- Cajun turkey steak with a cucumber and avocado salad
- Seasoned chicken breast with broccoli and spinach

Another option I may use is adding a chicken breast to the 'indian style curry and rice' meal pack on Saturday night so I feel like I'm eating an actual takeaway! What a rebel!

The past two weeks of weight loss have slowed right down for me; this week I only lost 1.5lbs. However when you add it all together over the whole three weeks I have be doing Exante, I have lost a total of 12lbs! Food week should give my metabolism a bit of a boost so I'm hoping to lose another 2lbs next week, meaning I will have achieved my target of losing 1 stone in a month! 

To say that I'm proud of myself is an understatement. I am a determined girl who decided she wanted to lose weight and probably chose one of the hardest ways to do it. The amount of cakes, biscuits, pizza and other naughty foods that I have said no to over the past three weeks has made me really realize that I don't need all those extra 'treats'. I've started to put together a low carb, high protein/healthy fat diet for when I finish Exante and researching different ways of cooking has shown me that there are so many options available to me! 

Whilst on this journey I will put together and post some of my low carb recipes to help my fellow Exantians and all you other beautiful people to make good food choices. Together we will be healthy!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment